You can use a personalized Daily.co meeting link as your portal link:
- Sign up or log in at https://dashboard.daily.co
- Create a meeting room. Like https://you.daily.co/always-on.
- Make your room public or team-only. (Not private. See below for more info.)
- Send us your link, and say if it's team or public.
We'll then configure your hardware boxes, to join your always on portal when they boot.
👉Important: please keep in mind only 4 locations can join an always-on link.
- A team link means only team members can join. Use this team setting to "lock" your always-on portal, for privacy.
- Always on links can't be private because boxes can't knock manually. On our backend, we can configure your box as a team member instead. This limits your portal to authorized teammates. The public cannot access a team only link.
- You actually can use an instant link, too. You just can't lock those. Only Daily.co custom links can be made team-only.
Email email@example.com or chat with us, 9 am - 5 pm PST in San Francisco.