With our hardware, you can join calls on a TV, with quick clicks.
- Already have a meeting link? Click on the link, and follow the steps below.
- Don't have a meeting link? The TV can create one for you, and put you right into that call. Scroll down to the second section.
I already have a meeting link
- Click your Daily.co meeting link in Chrome. You can create links in your dashboard, Slack, Google Calendar, or Intercom
- You'll see our join page
- Click Control a Daily.co TV, the purple button
- Enter the TV screen code. It's the 6-letter code up on your TV, in the bottom right
You'll now see your video call, up on the TV. Screen shots:
When you click the link, you'll see this join page.
Click the purple TV button
Up on your TV, in the lower right, is a 6-letter screen code.
If the TV is not already in a call, you see this.
Screen code, bottom R
If your TV is already in a call – like an always on portal – your screen code in the lower right looks like:
Enter that TV screen code in your Chrome tab:
Done. Your TV will say Connecting to your meeting. Your call will be on your screen in a few seconds.
I do not have a meeting link yet
No problem. You can walk up to the TV and it can create a link for you, on the fly.
- In Chrome, go to https://tv.daily.co
- Enter the screen code that's up on your TV. It's the 6-letters, in the bottom right.
- You'll see the controller page. Click Start a video call. (Heads up: you might have to click leave the call if the TV is already in a call.)
The TV creates a link, and puts you in it. You can click Copy link info, to share your meeting details. Screen shots:
You'll see this, at https://tv.daily.co:
Your TV shows a screen code. It's 6-letters in the bottom right.
If your TV isn't in a call, here's what it looks like.
If your TV is in a call, or always on, your screen code also is in the bottom right, like this:
Enter that screen code at tv.daily.co. Like this:
Now, on your computer, you'll see a page that lets you control the TV.
- Click Start a video call. Top pic below
- Or, if your TV already is in a portal, or a video call, tell it to leave its current call. And then click Start a video call.
The TV automatically creates a link, and joins it. You then can click Copy meeting info, to get details to share with other guests.
👉 ALWAYS ON - remember to click Leave call, when you're done! You don't have to do anything else. Once you exit, your box loads the portal again.
Need more help? Email firstname.lastname@example.org anytime. Chat with us M–F, 9am–5pm PST.