You can wirelessly screen share to your Daily.co TV – no more hassling with adapters or dongles. Screen share in a meeting, or even if you're not in a video call.
- You don't have to be in a video call to present to the TV
- You don't have to "pass on" screen sharing privileges
- 2 different users can screen share at the same time, using Chrome
- The first time you screen share, you'll be asked to install the Chrome extension. You only do this once, and it's fast.
- To play a presentation, share your entire desktop. Also, audio is not piped through the TV or through Daily.co. It's sent from your computer presentation itself.
- 1.0 Screen share to the TV during a video call
- 2.0 Present wirelessly when not in a call
- 3. 0 Get the extension during or before a video call
1.0 In a meeting
- Pair your computer with the TV. In Chrome, go to tv.daily.co.
- Enter the screen code in the lower right of your TV screen. More info here
- First time users: install the extension when prompted. (Refresh Chrome if you're having issues after the install. Your Chrome may be fatigued.)
- In your Chrome, click the Share screen button from your Daily.co TV Controller page.
- In the pop-up, select either Your Entire Screen or a specific Application Window
- To share a slide deck, choose Your Entire Screen
- To stop, click the green Stop my screen share button in the left side of your Meeting controls.
- Another way to stop sharing is the blue Stop sharing button, which your Chrome browser creates. By the way, you can move this little Chrome toolbox anywhere on the screen.
2. 0 Present when not in a meeting
Wirelessly present, even if you're not in a call:
- In Chrome, go to tv. daily.co
- Enter the screen code that's in the bottom right of your TV. What you're doing is pairing your device to the TV. More info here
- Click the Share your screen button from your Daily.co TV Controller page.
- In the popup, click to share either Your Entire Screen or a specific Application Window
Tip: To share a slide deck (i.e. PowerPoint or Keynote) presentation, be sure you share your entire desktop.
Tip: Starting a screen share this way actually creates an instant meeting link. You can then share your call link, if you want to turn the sessions into a video call with others
You can end the screen sharing session in several ways:
- The green Stop my screen share button in the left side of your Meeting controls.
- The blue Stop sharing button in the popup the Chrome browser creates.
3.0 Get the Chrome screen sharing extension
- The first time you screen share, you're prompted to get the extension. It's fast.
- Or, before your call or presentation, just click here to get it from the Chrome Web Store.
- Tip: Refresh Chrome if you're having issues after the install. Your Chrome may need a refresh.
- Can more than one person share their screen to my Daily.co TV?
- Join a meeting from your Daily.co TV
- Pair your TV with the screen code
Need more help? Email email@example.com anytime. Chat with us M–F, 9am–5pm PST.