👉 Important update
We've ended our basic calls product. Service for our current basic call users ends June 22, 2020.
- Read the blog post on basic call service ending.
- Daily.co TV customers, please read this separate post.
- Starting June 22, 2020 only admins can download recordings from the dashboard. If you are not an admin, download your cloud recordings before June 22! Anyone can download recordings via the API.
You can use "Shh mode!" to mute other participants during a call. This feature is really useful in large calls, with lots of participants.
Poor call quality? Use Shh mode to mute other participants cameras. Video is a bandwidth hog, and each participants network may be overloaded during a large meeting.
How to activate Shh mode
- Join your video call
- Click the More icon in the lower-right
- Click on Shh mode
- Select what you'd like to mute: cameras, microphones or both
- Click the green Mute button
Note: individuals can unmute themselves at anytime during a call. We recommend a maximum of 6–8 cameras being turned on, at a time, during larger calls.
Need more help? Contact us.