Always-on customers can hide specific things on their TV. This is often useful for customers who want their TV used only for the streaming portal.
- 1.0 What your TV displays by default — what the Get Started and Control TV boxes do
- 2.0 Customizing what is displayed on your TV screens
- 3.0 Display your own background image/logo on the loading screen
1.0 What your TV displays by default
Your always-on TV shows some UI to let you control the TV, as well as the meeting link. You can opt to hide the TV screen code box, meeting link, and also upload your own background image/logo.
Here's what you'll see on your always-on TV, by default:
- The loading screen: this is what the TV shows before it joins the portal. It displays a countdown in a yellow loading banner, as well as an image of a bridge — the Golden Gate Bridge, to be exact :)
- Also on the loading screen, the TV shows the Get Started box in the lower right.
- Once the TV's joined the portal stream, it will display two things: the meeting link and also the Control this TV box.
Loading screen, showing TV code in bottom-right.
In an always-on portal, your TV will display the meeting link and the Control this TV box in the bottom-right.
- By default, we show the meeting link, so you know what link the TV has joined
- The TV screen code — shown during loading and also in-call — lets you control the TV. This is the 6-letter code shown in the bottom-right.
- The TV screen code, enables you to "pair" your device with the TV. You can then have the TV join another meeting, or start a wireless presentation. This article explains how.
2.0 Customizing what is displayed on your TV screen
You can customize 4 things. At this time please contact us to customize your TV's! We are happy to help.
- Loading screen: replace the bridge (background image) with your own.
- Loading screen: you can hide the Get Started and Control this TV boxes. (This means the TV can't join other calls or screen share. It only shows your always-on portal.)
- In-call: you can hide the meeting link and Control this TV box.
- In-call: you can hide your own video feed in the lower left.
Example of #3, where a customer opted to hide the meeting link and Control TV box when the TV's in the portal stream:
3.0 Display your own background image/logo on the loading screen (instead of bridge)
Below is what the default loading screen looks like. It shows the Golden Gate Bridge.
- You can ask to replace the bridge with your own .png file.
- See Section 3 on this page, for your .png file specs
We can apply these changes to any always-on box.