👉 Important update
We've ended our basic calls product. Service for our current basic call users ends June 22, 2020.
- Read the blog post on basic call service ending.
- Daily.co TV customers, please read this separate post.
- Starting June 22, 2020 only admins can download recordings from the dashboard. If you are not an admin, download your cloud recordings before June 22! Anyone can download recordings via the API.
Maximum number of participants
No matter how large your call is, only turn on 6–8 cameras at any given time.
- Free basic calls: For meeting links created via our dashboard, max of 50 people can join — again, only have 6–8 cameras on at a time. Use Shh mode, to mute others cameras and microphones. (Individual guests can unmute.)
- API calls: For meeting links created with our API, max 200 people. You must be on a paid API plan for 200 person support. Developers: see our docs page on large calls & webinars, for important configuration details.