No matter how large your call is, only turn on 6–8 cameras at any given time.
Maximum number of participants
This depends on the product you're using.
- Free basic calls: For meeting links created via our dashboard, max of 50 people can join — again, only have 6–8 cameras on at a time. Use Shh mode, to mute others cameras and microphones. (Individual guests can unmute.)
- API calls: For meeting links created with our API, max 200 people. You must be on a paid API plan for 200 person support. Developers: see our docs page on large calls & webinars, for important configuration details.
- Chrome is recommended. See which browsers we support here.
- Developers: Use room properties to configure cameras off or use broadcast mode. See the docs page.
Key links & info
- Use Shh mode in free basic calls, to mute others
- Developer docs on large calls & webinars
- Our free basic calls are like Skype, Hangouts, Zoom, etc. You use the call as-is.
- Our API product is for developers. You can embed video chat in your own site or app, and programmatically control them.
To reiterate: You can have up to 50 (200 for paid API plans) people join your meeting links. Yet, because of how browsers work, and the realities of real-world networks, you do not want to have all of those cameras on at once!
Need more help? Contact us, we're happy to assist.