👉 Important update
We've ended our basic calls product. Service for our current basic call users ends June 22, 2020.
- Read the blog post on basic call service ending.
- Daily.co TV customers, please read this separate post.
- Starting June 22, 2020 only admins can download recordings from the dashboard. If you are not an admin, download your cloud recordings before June 22! Anyone can download recordings via the API.
If you are running macOS Catalina — version 10.15 or later — you must grant access to the new Screen Recording Permission in order to share your screen during a Daily.co video call.
This is macOS/Apple security setting, we apologize, but we do not have control over this setting.
How to enable screen sharing for Daily.co
1. When you first join a Daily.co meeting on macOS Catalina, you’ll be asked to enable the Screen Recording permission for Google Chrome.
When you see the following dialog, click "Open System Preferences".
If you do not see the dialog above or you are unable to screen share, manually open System Preferences, click the "Security and Privacy" icon and then choose "Screen Recording" in the sidebar.
2. In the Screen Recording section click the box next to Google Chrome to allow screen sharing for your Daily.co video calls. You may need to click the unlock icon in the bottom-left.
3. Next, click "Quit Now". You will not be able to screen share until you quit and restart Google Chrome.
4. Rejoin your video call. You should now be able to screen share!
If you have any issues, click the chat icon in the bottom-right of this page to chat with us.
Note: If you disable the Screen Recording permission from System Preferences, you'll need to re-enable it again in the future.