A note for our API users
Thanks for using our video chat API. Below is material for your own help pages, and user support.
You're welcome to copy and paste any material you find on this page, or anywhere in the help center.
- Please don't point your users to our help center. Put this material into your own platform.
- To consolidate, we put a lot of into on this one page. Certainly, break it up into different pages, as best serves your users.
- We are really happy to share more tips. Email firstname.lastname@example.org. Tell us your use case and any details. We are glad to get on a call with you.
- It's not yet incorporated below, but here's browsers and devices supported, https://docs.daily.co/docs/getting-started-1#section-browser-support
- See more sample help material below the dividers.
Please keep in mind that ISPs are dealing with a lot of Internet traffic. Read the New York Times story here. The below tips can help make sure you're set up for your video chat.
Improve your calls
Your video call works in your browser. Here are quick tips, to make sure your browser is happy and ready for the video chat.
- Chrome is recommended! Please make sure your browser is current.
- Restart your browser! See why below.
- In large calls, only have 6 cams on at at time. Mute your cam.
- When you join your call, make sure your ALLOW both your camera and mic. Get unblock help here.
- Need help during your call? See 5 tips that solve 99% of issues.
- Here's a test page from Google. It checks if your browser is ready for video calls, https://test.webrtc.org
- Test your network here! If it warns about packet loss, restart your computer (to be safe.)
- Allow your camera and mic, when you join. Here's how to unblock your camera and mic.
- What's packet loss
- 5 tips to solve 99% of issues
Your browser is like any program. If you haven't restarted it in a while, it gets overloaded. For example:
- Too many tabs open
- Never restarted your browser
Restart your browser — this can help your browser and operating system work more smoothly. Or at least close some tabs ;-)
If you find your computer is struggling, reboot. That can reset the connection between your browser and OS, for example.