Summer 2020 we announced we were ending our free basic calls product.
What this means for users
The free basic calls product we ended was our free software.
- New users can't sign up for that free software product, which no longer exists.
- For a limited period of time, users who created dashboard rooms before July 1, 2020 can continue to use those rooms. Learn more below.
- Daily.co builds an API for 1-click video calls. If you want to use our dashboard to create new video call links, learn about our pricing here.
- Why did we make this change? Read our blog post here.
- Daily.co TV customers, please read this separate post.
Support for rooms created before July 1, 2020
Did you use Daily.co free software before our change? For a limited period, the rooms you created before July 1, 2020 will work.
- Any new rooms created July 1, 2020 or after are different. They are based on our API pricing or features.
- Your old rooms still will work, with our old pricing and features, for a limited period of time.
- Please be aware that in Q4, we will no longer provide service to rooms created before July 1, 2020. We will delete rooms created in the dashboard before July 1, 2020. We will contact you to give you notice, before those old rooms expire.
- Only admins can download recordings from the dashboard. Anyone can download recordings via the API.
- Heads up that we are transitioning our support and help center material for the old rooms. If your team needs access to that support material, please download what you need!