- A room is the video calling meeting link.
- You can create rooms in the dashboard, or programmatically via the API
- The “Rooms” tab provides access to view the rooms in use in your domain
- The list of rooms is sorted by creation date, in reverse-chronological order
How to create a room in the dashboard
- Go to https://dashboard.daily.co
- Click the Rooms tab in the left rail
- Click the green Create Room button in the top-right corner
Default room settings
- By default, rooms will be public with cameras and microphones enabled.
- No join page will be displayed
- If you did not enter a name, a randomly-generated string will be assigned.
Advanced room settings
You can configure advanced room settings in your dashboard menu. These include properties like:
- Room expiration
- Owner-only broadcast mode
- These are advanced settings. Please see the developer documentation to learn more.