When you sign up for your account, you'll create a subdomain.
- Your video call links are on a custom subdomain
- Like https://you.daily.co/standup -
youis the subdomain, and
standupis the name of the specific room
- Your subdomain is your top-level object. Go to our docs to learn more about domain configuration.
Change your subdomain
- To change your subdomain, please contact us.
One subdomain per Daily account
- You create one subdomain when you sign up. For now, each Daily account (each email login) can create their own subdomain.
Admins & teammates
- The person who creates the subdomain is the admin. The admin can invite teammates to the subdomain.
- To add other people to your Daily subdomain, go to the Settings tab in the dashboard and click Add member. This will generate a link that you can share with people you'd like to invite.
- To change the permission level for your teammates, click ⋮ and click Change role...
Note: all admins in a team can see the subdomain's API key, access recordings, and change billing information.