The Daily.co API supports various recording formats, so developers can work flexibly with tracks.
- Enabling the recording feature requires a Scale subscription. Once you upgrade to Scale, you can enable recording for rooms via the API or in the dashboard.
- We support cloud recording, server-side recording, and more.
- Meeting recordings are saved in .webm file format
- Go to our developer documentation to learn more about recording types.
Viewing a list of cloud recordings
Because Daily.co is an API, our developer customers are building recording for their own customers. Recording access is a privacy issue.
- Daily.co Admins can view a list of recordings via the Recordings tab in the dashboard.
- Access to cloud recordings is also possible using the API with an authorized API key