Recording for a room is enabled when a room is created. In the dashboard, you can select "Local" or "Cloud" recording.
- Local recording saves the finished recording as a .webm file on the user's computer. Learn more about transcoding here.
- Cloud recordings uploads the recording to your Daily.co account while a meeting is in progress and requires additional upstream bandwidth.
- Once a recording mode is selected, it cannot be changed in the dashboard. If you need to change the recording mode, delete and re-create the room.
To create a room with recording enabled:
- Open the Rooms tab and click the Create Room button
- select the recording mode you want to enable:
To learn more about creating a room, go to Creating and Viewing rooms