👉 Important update
Our Daily.co TV service is ending October 31, 2020. All billing has been suspended.
- Daily.co TV customers, please read this separate post.
- Read this separate blog post about our basic call product ending June 22, 2020
- Starting June 22, 2020 only admins can download recordings from the dashboard. If you are not an admin, download your cloud recordings before June 22! Anyone can download recordings via the API.
Our Daily.co team is now focused on our API, to help developers build new video calling apps. Please read the blog post to learn more! Thank you, to all our TV customers.
With a Daily.co TV system, you can join calls on a TV, with quick clicks.
- Section 1.0 You already have a meeting link
- Section 2.0 Ask the TV to create a fast link
1.0 You already have a meeting link
It doesn't matter if your TV is in another meeting, like an always-on link. With the below steps, you are telling the TV to leave one meeting, and join your new one:
2. You'll see our join page. Click Control a Daily.co TV, the purple button
3. Enter the TV screen code. It's the 6-letter code up on your TV, in the bottom right
If your TV is in a call – like an always-on – your screen code, lower right, looks like:
Enter that TV screen code in your Chrome tab.
Done. Your TV will say Connecting to your meeting. Your call will be on your screen in a few seconds.
2.0 Ask the TV to create a meeting link
You can walk up to the TV and it can create a link for you, on the fly.
- In Chrome, go to https://tv.daily.co
- Enter the screen code that's up on your TV. It's the 6-letters, in the bottom right.
- You'll see the controller page. Click Start a video call. (Heads up: you might have to click leave the call if the TV is already in a call.)
The TV creates a link, and puts you in it. You can click Copy link info, to share your meeting details. Screen shots:
You'll see this, at https://tv.daily.co:
Your TV shows a screen code. It's 6-letters in the bottom right.
If your TV isn't in a call, here's what it looks like.
If your TV is in a call, or always on, your screen code also is in the bottom right, like this:
Enter that screen code at tv.daily.co. Like this:
Now, on your computer, you'll see a page that lets you control the TV.
- Click Start a video call. Top pic below
- Or, if your TV already is in a portal, or a video call, tell it to leave its current call. And then click Start a video call.
The TV automatically creates a link, and joins it. You then can click Copy meeting info, to get details to share with other guests.
👉 ALWAYS-ON CUSTOMERS - remember to click Leave call, when you're done! You don't have to do anything else. Once you exit, your box loads the portal again.
- Wirelessly screen share to your Daily.co TV
- Why is my TV code not recognized?
- Assign your TV a dedicated always-on link
Need more help? Email email@example.com anytime. Chat with us M–F, 9am–5pm PST.