With a Daily.co TV system, you can join calls on a TV, with quick clicks.
- Section 1.0 You already have a meeting link
- Section 2.0 Ask the TV to create a fast link
1.0 You already have a meeting link
It doesn't matter if your TV is in another meeting, like an always-on link. With the below steps, you are telling the TV to leave one meeting, and join your new one:
2. You'll see our join page. Click Control a Daily.co TV, the purple button
3. Enter the TV screen code. It's the 6-letter code up on your TV, in the bottom right
If your TV is in a call – like an always-on – your screen code, lower right, looks like:
Enter that TV screen code in your Chrome tab.
Done. Your TV will say Connecting to your meeting. Your call will be on your screen in a few seconds.
2.0 Ask the TV to create a meeting link
You can walk up to the TV and it can create a link for you, on the fly.
- In Chrome, go to https://tv.daily.co
- Enter the screen code that's up on your TV. It's the 6-letters, in the bottom right.
- You'll see the controller page. Click Start a video call. (Heads up: you might have to click leave the call if the TV is already in a call.)
The TV creates a link, and puts you in it. You can click Copy link info, to share your meeting details. Screen shots:
You'll see this, at https://tv.daily.co:
Your TV shows a screen code. It's 6-letters in the bottom right.
If your TV isn't in a call, here's what it looks like.
If your TV is in a call, or always on, your screen code also is in the bottom right, like this:
Enter that screen code at tv.daily.co. Like this:
Now, on your computer, you'll see a page that lets you control the TV.
- Click Start a video call. Top pic below
- Or, if your TV already is in a portal, or a video call, tell it to leave its current call. And then click Start a video call.
The TV automatically creates a link, and joins it. You then can click Copy meeting info, to get details to share with other guests.
👉 ALWAYS-ON CUSTOMERS - remember to click Leave call, when you're done! You don't have to do anything else. Once you exit, your box loads the portal again.
- Wirelessly screen share to your Daily.co TV
- Why is my TV code not recognized?
- Assign your TV a dedicated always-on link
Need more help? Email email@example.com anytime. Chat with us M–F, 9am–5pm PST.