Large calls have a lot going on. Some quick tips:
- Up to 50 people can join a call, with 6 cams on at once
- You can mute all cams with Shh mode. Whoever's talking can unmute individually.
- Use earbuds, mute all, and please get Chrome ready (see below)
- Use chat, to post text and links
- Some users may have to unblock their cam
👉 Improve your call
Prep Chrome. Refresh.
Before a big call, if you can, refresh (or, better, restart) Chrome. If people have issues, it's often that Chrome hasn't been refreshed in a while. It's like any piece of software. It gets tired.
Otherwise, you sound bad to others. Echo is a problem. Earbuds isolate your audio input.
Use Shhh mode & mute all cams
Keep in mind you got a lot of video streaming! Also, you may have weird background noise 😢
Typically in large calls, the presenter clicks Shh mode to mute all. (Shh is in the More menu, when you're in the call.) Guests can unmute cam/mic to speak up.
- Do you use an adblocker? Please try joining in an Incognito window, or with a Chrome persona without blockers.
- Refresh your tab. No luck? We hate to say it, but please fully quit and reopen Chrome.
- Unblock your video. Follow these steps
- On a Windows device, and your menu says "No mic, no cam" ? Reboot.
- To join on a computer, click your link. Then click the green button:
- You can mute, unmute, and chat, all in the bottom bar.
- Shh mode - click More
- Change your cam/mic - click More
How can we help? You can use chat on our site, or email email@example.com. Thanks!