Are you having cam and mic issues? Both your browser and OS have to allow Daily.co access:
- Unblock cam/mic in your browser. For Chrome, go to Chrome Settings > Advanced > Site Settings > Camera. Make sure Daily.co isn't blocked. See below.
- Check your OS. If browser unblocking doesn't fix it, go to System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Camera. Allow your browser.
Run this diagnostics:
- Go to https://test.webrtc.org/
- If your cam fails the test there, definitely check your OS settings and THEN REBOOT. Your OS and browser may have gotten out of sync!
1.0 Chrome and Edge
- In a call, look at the address bar.
- Upper right of the address bar, the camera icon will show an X.
- Click the icon
- Click Always allow
- Exit and rejoin the call
- If rejoining doesn't work, fully quite Chrome and rejoin
Chrome users! Also try this:
- Click the triple dot Settings icon, upper right of your Chrome window
- Click Advanced > Site Settings (or content) > Camera
- Click Advanced > Site Settings (or content) > Mic
- In both Camera and Mic, delete Daily.co from the BLOCK list
- Save changes and rejoin the call
- In a call, look at the address bar. Click the cam/mic icon there
- Click the "x" to turn off blocking
- Exit and rejoin the call. Click Allow when asked, as you rejoin
- Select Safari > Select Preferences. (This is in the Safari pulldown menu, top left of your screen.)
- Click Camera, and change the settings for any Daily.co meeting link to ALLOW
- Click Microphone, and do the same. Change Daily.co links to ALLOW
- Exit the call
Still having problems? If you have Mojave, in particular, you have to change the operating system settings, too. See 4.0.
4.0 Mac OS
Apple users: you might have to change your OS settings.
- Click Apple menu > System Preferences > Security and Privacy
- Click Camera > Select ALLOW for your browser
- Click Microphone > Select ALLOW for your browser
- If it still doesn't work...REBOOT
5.0 Windows OS
- Check for Windows system updates
6.0 Why do I need to unblock? Why won't it unmute?
When you join a Daily.co call, the browser asks for camera and mic permissions.
You clicked Decline, either at your browser or OS level:
- You chose to not use the camera and mic, at all, inside Daily.co.
- Change your browser settings for the camera and mic, then leave the call and rejoin.
7.0 Avoid this in the future, while staying muted
- Click Allow
- Then mute/unmute in the video call.
- If you want to be muted when you join the next call, make sure you're muted when you exit.
Daily.co remembers your cam is muted. You won't show video when you join your next call.
Can we help? Ping us on chat, 9-5 PT, or email firstname.lastname@example.org