👉 Important update
We've ended our basic calls product. Service for our current basic call users ends June 22, 2020.
- Read the blog post on basic call service ending.
- Daily.co TV customers, please read this separate post.
- Starting June 22, 2020 only admins can download recordings from the dashboard. If you are not an admin, download your cloud recordings before June 22! Anyone can download recordings via the API.
This is a follow-up article. It explains where to check your browsers cam/mic permissions.
PLEASE read Part 1: Unblock camera/mic access on a computer.
Chrome and Edge details
- In your URL address bar (top right) click on the camera icon when in a call.
- Be sure that Always allow is selected
- Refresh the page. If rejoining doesn't work, fully quit the browser and rejoin
- Make sure to read the whole help article here
Chrome users — also try the following
- Click the triple dot Settings icon, upper right of your Chrome window
- Click Site Settings > Camera (and then Mic)
- Under both Camera and Mic, make sure that Daily.co is not on the BLOCK list
- Save changes and rejoin the call
- In a call, look at the address bar. Click the cam/mic icon there
- Click the "x" to turn off blocking
- Exit and rejoin the call. Click Allow when asked, as you rejoin
- Now check this, https://help.daily.co/en/articles/2528184-unblock-camera-mic-access
Make sure to check your macOS System Preferences
Need more help? Contact us.