For privacy and security reasons, you have to give Daily.co permission to use your computer/browsers camera and microphone.
When you join a call, click "Allow" to grant cam/mic permission to your browser.
This lets other guests see and hear you. You then can control mute/unmute in the call itself. If you click decline permissions, you can't control your camear/microphone in the call.
How to "Allow" permissions — by browser/OS
- Chrome: click Allow, usually in the top left of your Chrome window
- Edge: click Allow at the bottom of your Edge window
- Firefox: top of your browser window
- Safari: click Allow, also at the top of your browser window. Note: Safari prompts for allow permissions each time you join a call (this is an Apple privacy measure, we cannot control this).
macOS Mojave (10.14) and later
Click "Allow" when prompted. You'll have to allow both your camera and microphone.
- We apologize, but we do not have control over this. It's an Apple setting.
- If you blocked access, try updating your System Preferences. learn how to give macOS camera and mic access.
If you previously blocked cam/mic access, learn how to unblock here.
Need help? Chat with us live or contact us.