👉 Important update
We've ended our basic calls product. Service for current basic call users ends June 22, 2020.
- Read the blog post on basic call service ending.
- Daily.co TV customers, please read this separate post.
- Starting June 22, 2020 only admins can download recordings from the dashboard. If you are not an admin, download your cloud recordings before June 22! Anyone can download recordings via the API.
When you click on your cam/mic buttons, do you see the unblock message above?
If so, this means that your camera/mic is blocked by (1) your browser or (2) Operating System. Learn how to fix this below!
To unblock your camera/mic follow these steps:
- Click the camera icon — in your browsers address bar, top right
- Make sure that "Always allow" is selected
- Click done
- Refresh your browser
Chrome users see this. (If you need help with other browsers, go here. But make sure to come back!!)
macOS users — check Systems Preferences
PLEASE check for Systems Updates! This Lifewire post is helpful.
Do you have a program that automatically opens at startup, which uses your camera?
- We have reproduced an issue where one popular program, when auto-starting, does not close cleanly. It still claims access to the camera even after it's closed.
- Turn off the program automatically opening at startup. Now reboot.
👉If you haven't already...REBOOT your computer. Your system needs to clear out any old issues.
Run the official Google test:
This is a page created by Google (not by us). If it can't see your camera and microphone, Google is saying something is wrong with your browser.
- Go to https://test.webrtc.org
- Click the green button
- Unblock camera/mic on mobile
- Do you have ad blockers or browser extensions installed? Try Incognito mode. An extension might be blocking access to your camera.
- How to join muted
- See unblock instructions for Safari, Firefox and Edge
Need more help? Just contact us.