When you click on your cam/mic buttons, do you see the unblock message above?
If so, this means that your camera/mic is blocked by (1) your browser or (2) Operating System. Learn how to fix this below!
To unblock your camera/mic follow these steps:
- Click the camera icon — in your browsers address bar, top right
- Make sure that "Always allow" is selected
- Click done
- Refresh your browser
Chrome users see this. (If you need help with other browsers, go here. But make sure to come back!!)
macOS users — check Systems Preferences
PLEASE check for Systems Updates! This Lifewire post is helpful.
Do you have a program that automatically opens at startup, which uses your camera?
- We have reproduced an issue where one popular program, when auto-starting, does not close cleanly. It still claims access to the camera even after it's closed.
- Turn off the program automatically opening at startup. Now reboot.
👉If you haven't already...REBOOT your computer. Your system needs to clear out any old issues.
Run the official Google test:
This is a page created by Google (not by us). If it can't see your camera and microphone, Google is saying something is wrong with your browser.
- Go to https://test.webrtc.org
- Click the green button
- Unblock camera/mic on mobile
- Do you have ad blockers or browser extensions installed? Try Incognito mode. An extension might be blocking access to your camera.
- How to join muted
- See unblock instructions for Safari, Firefox and Edge
Need more help? Just contact us.