✳️ These fix most issues (and see more below):
- Reload your browser. Chrome often works best.
- Try Incognito or Private mode.
Especially if you have browser extensions, like ad blockers. They can block your camera, microphone, or speaker!
- Quit your browser. Don't just close. QUIT and reopen.
- Try another browser (Chrome, Safari or Firefox).
- Reboot. Most people don't have to do this. But it can be a fast fix if you don't want to spend time troubleshooting.
The Daily.co call works in your browser — so it depends on your browser working smoothly. If it hasn't been refreshed in a while, your browser and computer might be out of sync.
⛑ 6. Run the official Google test, https://test.webrtc.org
- Google's test is for your browser in general. (It's not specific to Daily.co.)
- Click the test link. Click the start button. See if it finds problems.
- Try the above 4 steps. Contact us for help.
🔌 Did you check your browser? See above.
👂 Using an external cam/mic? Make sure it's selected in your Settings
Click More > Cam/mac settings > Set your cam/mic as the Default
👉 Unblock camera or mic. Follow EACH step here!
🔇 Laggy video or audio? Mute cameras. Use Shh mode.
🎧 Use earbuds! It helps with echo.
✳️ Run the official Google test, https://test.webrtc.org, and contact us.
Why check your browser and packet loss?
👉 Your browser and operating system might not be talking to each other. Reloading, or rebooting, can clear out stalled network settings, for example.
🔎 Incognito doesn't load your browser extensions. So try Incognito, to clarify if an extension is blocking the video call from loading.
🏃🏽♂️ Even great networks can have packet loss. And it's packet loss that's important to live media streaming. Take a network test. Read this hep page for more.
We're glad to help! Chat or email with us.